It is common for people to offer advice to seniors graduating from high school or college. In many cases, this is accomplished by quoting someone else. Find the kind of quote that’s right for you by browsing some original and popular senior quotes, whether it’s for your commencement speech or for writing in a card to your child.
Original Quotes for Graduating Seniors
It can be difficult to come up with an original quote to give to a graduating senior. It’s important to avoid saying the same thing as everyone else on this special occasion. Here are some original inspirational, funny, and future quotes you might enjoy.
Inspirational Graduation Quotes for Seniors
It is sometimes necessary to give future graduates a push to motivate them toward greatness. As seniors prepare to leave high school or college, use these quotes to encourage them.
- Passion and career go hand in hand.
- It’s important to know how to weather a storm, but it’s also important to dance in the rain.
- The only way to understand success is through failure.
- The difference between success and failure lies in desire.
- In order to succeed, you must be happy.
- The adventure will probably be worth your while if you’re afraid.
- The first chapter of a grand adventure has only just ended.
- What lies behind us is the foundation for what lies ahead.
Funny Graduation Quotes
Humor can sometimes be the best medicine. Discover graduation quotes that show that it’s not always a serious occasion. The perfect companion for a funny graduation speech or graduation bio!
- Immaturity can last a lifetime, even as your body ages.
- There are no regrets in life, unless you misspelled your name on your college application.
- You got pressured into graduating by society, but it’s a scam.
- It’s important to swim fast as a small fish in a large pond.
- Sometimes it feels like you’re on an escalator going the wrong way instead of an elevator to your future. Take the stairs if you’re unsure.
Senior Graduation Quotes About the Future
There are many changes that are going to take place for seniors in the coming years, which can be scary. Take some comfort from these unique quotes. There are also some that would make good class mottos.
- As long as you take the first step, nothing is impossible.
- Ask the question before assuming the answer is no.
- Rather than living someone else’s dream, find your own.
- It is up to you to create your own future.
- Work is the key to a successful future.
- A graduation marks the beginning of a new chapter in your life.
- You are here today because of what happened yesterday.
Graduation Quotes for Dreams
For seniors, graduation marks the end of a long chapter that laid the foundation for their dreams. Explore these original quotes for inspiration on achieving your dreams.
- Falling short doesn’t hurt so much if you dream big.
- Ambition, drive, and happiness go hand in hand when it comes to achieving your dreams.
- All dreams are possible if you believe in your abilities, gain education, and gain confidence.
- As much as you enjoy the dream, enjoy the journey as well.
- Dreams are precious, cultivate them well.
- It’s like sailing, sometimes the water gets rough, but you have to keep going.
- We move forward because of our dreams.
- Is it really possible to achieve dreams without making sacrifices?
Famous Graduation Quotes for Seniors
It’s hard to go wrong with quotes that have been around for centuries or even those that are attributed to famous people. Put some of these famous sayings to the test.
Famous Quotes for Seniors About Education
Through your education, you can build a brighter future for yourself. Take a look at some quotes from the greats.
- It is bitter at the roots, but sweet at the fruit of education. – According to Aristotle
- Investing in knowledge pays off in the long run. Franklin, Benjamin
- The concept of graduation is only a concept. Every day you graduate in real life. Until the last day of your life, graduation is a continuous process. You can make a difference if you grasp that. Pencovici, Arie
- Education is a dress rehearsal for the life you will lead. Ephron, Nora
- Don’t forget why you came here when you leave. Theodore Roosevelt
- When someone is heading down the wrong path, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. He needs education to turn his life around. According to Jim Rohn
- Humans cannot achieve their full potential until they are educated. In the words of Horace Mann
Senior Graduation Quotes to Inspire
Take a look at these quotes meant to inspire anyone, whether you’re a future doctor or a business guru.
- Today is the day of fireworks. Diplomas are lighted matches. Every one of you is a fuse. Koch, Edward
- I know the best way to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose is to remember that you are going to die. In the words of Steve Jobs
- You’ll never know what you’re capable of unless you try, and fortune favors the bold. Sandberg, Sheryl
- In order to accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. France, Anatole
- Life isn’t worth living unless you take risks. Washington, Denzel
- Rather than becoming a man of success, strive to become a man of value. Einstein, Albert
- Never follow a path that may lead you astray. Leave a trail instead of a path where there is none. Emerson, Ralph Waldo
- It is the ability to bounce back from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm that makes you successful. Churchill, Winston
Quotes for Graduating Seniors on Looking Ahead
In the journey of our lives, graduation is just one small moment. Motivate graduates with these inspirational quotes.
- It’s not the end of the world when you graduate; it’s the beginning. Hatch, Orrin
- Improvisation is a part of life. You don’t know what’s going to happen next, and you’re mostly making stuff up as you go. Colbert, Stephen
- Those who believe in the beauty of their dreams have a bright future ahead of them. Roosevelt, Eleanor
- Leadership and learning are inseparable. Kennedy, John F.
- Taking the world into your hands, you can only learn more about its heft. Updike, John
- A twenty-year-old you will be more disappointed with the things you didn’t do than with the ones you did. Throw off the bowlines and sail away from the safe harbor. Twain, Mark
- You will be hit by slamming doors. If you want to achieve your life goals, you must pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and knock again. Uslan, Michael
Humorous Senior Graduation Quotes
Celebrities from Dr. Seuss to Roosevelt offer quick witted quotes that can brighten any senior’s day. Try one of these zingers.
- The commencement speaker tells thousands of students in identical caps and gowns that ‘individuality’ is the key to success at a graduation ceremony. Orben, Robert
- You are extremely proud of your families. You can’t imagine how relieved they are. Asking for money at this point would be most appropriate. Bolding, Gary
- It is in your head that you have brains. Your feet are in your shoes. Any direction you choose is up to you. The Dr. Seuss quote
- When I graduated, I sued the college, won the case, and got my tuition back. Allen, Fred
- If a man does not go to school, he may steal from a freight car, but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad. Roosevelt, Theodore
Using Graduation Quotes for Seniors
Quotes are great, but what can you do with them? Seniors and their families can communicate in several ways. These quotes can be used by friends and proud parents. Other suggestions for graduation slogans include:
- Make your graduation announcement stand out with a quote.
- Your graduation speech should include a quote.
- Graduation gifts can be personalized with a quote.
- Make a graduation card with a quote.
- Your yearbook should include the quote.
- As graduation approaches, post the quotes around school.
- Encourage stressed seniors to graduate by chanting quotes.
- Make it the motto of your senior class.
Additional Sources of Senior Quotes
Can’t find the quote you’re looking for? Consider other sources of inspiration, such as movies, song lyrics, or advertisements. You could also write your own graduation message or saying. Check out Time’s top 10 commencement speeches. Please give credit to the authors of the speeches if you use any of the quotes.